Tuesday 22 May 2007

Re-introducing girt back into everyday useage

It is, my intent to re-introduce the word Girt back into the everyday use. I don’t see how a useful word such as girt managed to fall out of popular use, perhaps it was over used and people decided to stop, possibly it had some kind of stigmata attached to it like a serial killer called John C Girt who killed of 107 prostitutes in south London (or possibly south Freemantle) or maybe it just got pissed off with all the other words teasing it and decided to leave on its own. Either way it is a situation that I intend to rectify.

Girt as defined by Dictionary.com as:

2. To enclose, surround, hem in.


Girt seems to have so many uses in everyday life, such as: “I’m on the freeway and I’m girt by traffic”, “I am girt by problems” or “why do you continue to girt me with the foulness of your presence”. The sheer number of uses for girt seems limitless. So to all those who are reading my blog (yes both of you) endeavour to use the word girt at least once each day.

No comments: